Shoes are an essential part of every girl’s closet. Women are known to have a shoe for every occasion; gym shoes, everyday shoes, going out shoes, dancing shoes, house shoes, my personal favorite, the bedroom shoes (not just slippers, but we will get to that in a bit). Shoe shopping is a mood changing, calming experience for many women that I know.
Make Sure Your New Shoes Fit Perfectly
- Try on shoes later in the day because your feet will swell during the day and you want to make sure they fit perfectly.
- Always wear the same style of sock that you would normally wear with that shoe. If you won’t be wearing socks, ask for a foot sock, it is a thin nylon sock that will fit as if you were barefoot.
- Always be sure to try on both shoes and stand up and walk around in them a bit. The shoes should fit like a glove, they should be comfortable without needing to be broken in. Your foot should not be sliding around nor should the shoe slip off your heel when you walk.
- Ask the sales person for any tips or tricks to make a shoe fit perfectly. Employees usually have information on inserts and tips and tricks to getting your shoe to fit perfectly.
- Buy the pair of shoes you tried on, because every shoe is different, an unopened pair from the back might not fit the same way the pair you tried on did.
- Make sure to take care of your shoes once you take them home to avoid irreparably damaging them. In the summertime, do not leave your shoes in your car, the heat will cause the glue and sometimes the plastic to melt and the shoe to fall apart.
Always be sure to have a sales associate help you when trying to find the perfect pair of shoes so you can get all the tips and tricks you could possibly need when it comes to your shoes fitting perfectly.
Shoes for Every Occasion
It’s a fact of life today, shoes are a necessity. You can’t go into any business or establishment without them on. Many people only own the bare minimum, I like to think that I am one of those people, I have a pair of sandals and a pair of tennis shoes I wear religiously. But then I open my closet and Boom! I actually own about 20 pairs of shoes, many of which have never been worn, but were bought with the intention of wearing to some event or another.
You need to have a pair of comfortable, everyday shoes that you can wear constantly without any discomfort. These can be tennis shoes, ballet flats, sandals, whatever you prefer, just make sure you are comfortable.
If your job requires certain footwear, then of course make sure you own a pair of those. Some companies are very strict, down to the brand and style of footwear. If you find yourself in this type of job and find the required shoes uncomfortable, there are many types of insoles that will do wonders for you.
Every girl needs a pair of going out shoes. Whether you prefer heels or flats is up to you but, you have got to have a pair. But always remember (especially with the heels), bring a pair of super comfortable shoes, because after a few drinks you will feel like you have been on your feet far too long or the walk back to the car is an excruciatingly long walk. Your feet will thank you for bringing the comfortable shoes.
My personal favorite, the bedroom shoes. These are the ultra sexy shoes you only wear in the bedroom for your significant other. Generally these shoes are incredibly difficult to walk around in so they are best used for show. Those sexy stilettos you could never wear, but you bought them on a whim because they were on sale? Your newest bedroom accessory. Mine are of course from here, by Pleaser USA, I have 2 pairs, The Delight 1020 and the Kiss 209 and I absolutely love them both!
Lingerie Superstores’ Shoes by Pleaser USA
Here at the Lingerie Superstores, we carry shoes by Pleaser USA. We only carry Pleaser shoes because they have proven to be reliable in all of the years we have carried them. Many customers will go to businesses that carry knock off brands for a cheaper price but they always come back and buy Pleaser Shoes. Why? Because they don’t break, and on the rare occasion that they do break, Pleaser and us here at Lingerie Superstores stands behind the product and fix the problem. I have spoken to many customers who will have the same pair of Pleaser shoes for years and are back here shopping for a new pair just because they wanted a new style, not because they needed them.
There are many facts and tricks about Pleaser’s shoes that customers don’t know and wouldn’t think to ask, but you should know:
- Pleaser shoes do not come in half sizes. But there is a trick to making a half size. If you need an 8 1/2 shoe, get a size 9 and purchase a pair of Shoe Halters. These are insoles that go into the toe of the shoe and make it exactly a half size smaller. A genius move on Pleaser’s part, because instead of making half sizes (which would significantly raise the price of your shoe), they make these little $1.95 pads that make the shoe a perfect size.
- You can stretch the plastic straps to make the shoes fit better in the toes. Grab a hair dryer and a thick pair of socks! Blast only the plastic strap that you are wanting to stretch for a few seconds until it is warm (not too warm, you don’t want to melt the glue or burn yourself), then with a thick sock on, put the shoe on for a few minutes. Voila! your shoe is stretched.
- You can also seize the plastic up if it gets too stretched out (to prevent further stretching) by throwing them in the freezer for a few hours.
- The best way to break in a pair of Pleaser shoes is to wear them around the house for a few hours, especially on carpet. This will help scuff up the soles, which have a tendency to be a little slippery on smooth floors at first. It will stretch out the straps and get them to form to your foot. And because most of Pleaser’s shoes are platforms of some sort, it will give beginners a chance to get used to walking in them.
- If you have a single or a double strap shoe and you feel wobbly, you can make an ankle strap out of string or a garter to make the shoe stable until you are totally comfortable wearing them. Just put the heel through the garter, twist the garter once and put your foot through the garter then into the shoe normally. For a string its the same basic concept, loop it around the heel then wrap it around your ankle and tie it off. (Here’s a picture to make it a little easier to understand what I am talking about)
- Do not under any circumstances leave your shoes any place where they will get too hot and the glue will melt. We see it every summer here, girls bring their shoes in and the sole has pulled away from the platform. If this happens, you need to take your shoes to a shoe repair shop and have them fixed.
- When choosing a Pleaser shoe, you will wear a different size open toed shoe than close toed shoe and this is just because of the way they are made.
There are so many more hints and tricks I could go on about but I think its time to talk about the actual shoes.
The Shoes by Pleaser
First things first, we can’t sell every shoe that Pleaser has to offer on our website or in store but, we do have an option to special order any shoe they carry. Special Orders must be placed in store and require a 50% deposit. If you are out of state and would like to do a special order, please call the store and we will add the shoe you are looking for to our website so you may order it there.
Because Pleaser carries so many shoes, I won’t be able to go into detail about every style but I will hit on the more popular ones.
The 6″ shoes. These shoes have a 6″ heel and the more popular styles like Kiss and Delight have a 1 3/4″ platform. The 6″ shoes are the best height for beginners and tall women. Because of the heel to platform ratio they are very comfortable for first timers.
The 8″ shoes. These shoes include the Xtreme and Flamingo lines. These have a 4″ platform which is a slightly lower incline than the 6 and 7 inch shoes so they are easier to wear for longer periods of time.
When wearing Pleaser heels, if you walk naturally and don’t even think about the fact that you are wearing a platform shoe, they actually become easier to walk in than heels with no platform. The perk of a platform shoe is that they have less of an incline and are easier on your feet and ankles. Also the high heel with a platform makes your calves and booty look amazing!
Come in and let us help you find the perfect pair of shoes for your foot!!